"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Old cars
Regular readers will know that I am rather partial to old car wrecks. I found an amazing car yard in the sleeping town of Terowie. This is but a sample.
Wah, I am jealous! In Germany these car yards don't exist (in contrast to other European countries). I recognise the Fords - but not one of the other models.
Now somewhere, and I will eventaully remember, I have seen a yard full of used caravans. Or unable to be sold caravans. Thousands of them. Out in the weather. In Australia. We are a wierd people.
The first thing I thought was that someone here in America would snatch these up and restore them. Although battered and broken they still looked beautiful.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Wah, I am jealous! In Germany these car yards don't exist (in contrast to other European countries). I recognise the Fords - but not one of the other models.
ReplyDeleteI reckon they should make a museum out of that car yard. It's a slice of Australian history!
ReplyDeleteLOL
ReplyDeletenot sure if I'm seeing right, but the car's rego in the middle picture seems to read "RIP 146" !!
Martina, I am not much across car models so am unable to assist.
ReplyDeleteWinam, I agree it is a slice of Australian history. A lot of the town is historically preserved, perhaps this car yard too.
Susan, well spotted! But a closer look at the full resolution photo reveals it to be RJP 146,
Wow! This is fantastic! Look at all those rusty beauties!
ReplyDeleteNow somewhere, and I will eventaully remember, I have seen a yard full of used caravans. Or unable to be sold caravans. Thousands of them. Out in the weather. In Australia. We are a wierd people.
ReplyDeleteOo I haven't seen that but I have seen lots of airplanes out in the desert in america
ReplyDeleteThe first thing I thought was that someone here in America would snatch these up and restore them. Although battered and broken they still looked beautiful.
ReplyDelete