Skip to main content

Flower carpet



The sand dunes around Roxby Downs were resplendent with wildflowers. These are known as poached egg daisies.   The late afternoon light was wonderful so more photos below.


Comments

  1. I wouldn't mind having a flower carpet like that in my backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wildflowers. Desert ones are so exotic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these photos - the grey weathered bit of tree, the red, red dirt, the poppy-up little flowers.
    I love the tiniest touch of purple in the third shot and the shape of the tree in shot two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4th shot ... whether up or down ...

    love it ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh really a special series to honor this beautiful field of flowers..poached eggs..good name actually

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fine collection of photos.
    The red desert dirt with it's windswept ripples makes a wonderful background to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reddish soil makes such great backgrouds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots make mine of the same flower look ordinary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals