Yes. I guess we needed coal in the past. And we need coal in the future. What is happening in the Hunter Valley is tragic though. And, no, I have no compromise to offer the parties involved. I just don't know what to do for the best ... mine coal or have horse studs and pristine beauty.
It is a problem isn't it. Industrialisation with all the good living that goes with it is at a cost ... we can't have it both ways. It is a real problem in the Hunter. They also plan to build another power station at Mt Piper near Lithgow and there is a battle looming on that front too ... however I think I'm for it not against it.
On another front, look at how the European landscape has shaped and moulded itself around the influence of man for centuries ... things have a way for working out.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Yes. I guess we needed coal in the past. And we need coal in the future. What is happening in the Hunter Valley is tragic though. And, no, I have no compromise to offer the parties involved. I just don't know what to do for the best ... mine coal or have horse studs and pristine beauty.
ReplyDeleteNo idea ...
It is a problem isn't it. Industrialisation with all the good living that goes with it is at a cost ... we can't have it both ways. It is a real problem in the Hunter. They also plan to build another power station at Mt Piper near Lithgow and there is a battle looming on that front too ... however I think I'm for it not against it.
ReplyDeleteOn another front, look at how the European landscape has shaped and moulded itself around the influence of man for centuries ... things have a way for working out.
I like that word.
ReplyDeleteLithgow.
A white-faced cow instead of a black-faced sheep :-D
ReplyDeleteMartina, the white faced cows were included just for you.
ReplyDelete:-D - thank you! I hope some day a black faced sheep will cross my way so I can return the favour.
ReplyDeleteLike that interchange ...
ReplyDelete