Skip to main content

Miner's Lamps

Miner's Lamps, State Mine Heritage Park and Tourist Information Office, Lithgow

Mining is still big business in this area so I guess the choice of an old style miner's lamp seems appropriate for the local 'big thing'.

Comments

  1. Now that I have enlarged these, I can see the "big" lamp in the smaller.

    A fitting memorial to all those miners in both China and the USA who have perished over the last two weeks. A tough way to make a living ... ;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie, this post is a fitting memorial. Miners surely have a tough life...
    As to the lamps, they are fantastic and I don't remember seeing them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots of the lamps. I don't think I've seen these before. And it's so interesting to see a miner's lamp being the inspiration for part of a building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tourist Office is so wonderfully kitsch. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so enjoying viewing your travel spaces through your camera lens. You have so many interesting places to share. Gives me a moment of rest to think and view. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals