Skip to main content

The hot gold hush of noon


"The sapphire-misted mountains, the hot gold hush of noon"

I adore this country west of the Blue Mountains but even more I love the beatiful sapphire-misted mountains of home. We get there tomorrow.

Comments

  1. This looks like the south of Portugal, the Atentejo, on summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a cemetery?

    Great perspective ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you are referring to the things lined up in the distance ... they are hay bales. There's haymaking going on everywhere at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have oblong hay bales that much anymore, they're usually rolled up into enormous "jelly rolls". The oblong bales are more for decorative purposes during the fall. It's a beautiful meadow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals