Skip to main content

The filmy veil of greenness


We crossed the border into Victoria cruising down a lovely timbered road before breaking into the rich dairy country of Gippsland. It is wonderful to see the land green after more than 10 years of very dry weather. But most of the state of Victoria is still drought declared.

Musing:
The Pasture by Robert Frost
"I'm going out to clean the pasture spring;
I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I sha'n't be gone long. You come too.

I'm going out to fetch the little calf
That's standing by the mother. It's so young,
It totters when she licks it with her tongue.
I sha'n't be gone long. You come too."

Comments

  1. I like this photo I'm not sure why I just do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greenness is just a veil in Australia: lift and the harsh reality beats through.

    Puts me in mind of my father's mantra: Freisians for quantity; Jerseys for quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is elemental, in every way. Mr Frost has found gainful employment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felt the need to start at this post today ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals