Skip to main content

Eternal motion



Musing:
From By the Sea by William Wordsworth
"It is a beauteous evening, calm and free;
The holy time is quiet as a nun
Breathless with adoration; the broad sun
Is sinking down in its tranquillity;
The gentleness of heaven is on the sea:
Listen! the mighty Being is awake,
And doth with his eternal motion make
A sound like thunder -everlastingly."

Comments

  1. Nice photo. Very well captured.

    To answer your question the reservoir and small dam was constructed in 1969 to prevent flooding down stream. It created a pond for wild life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are leading me on to re-reading poets whom I have not read in a while: dismissing them as mere metaphysicals.

    The image so complements the text - or is it the other way. I tend to think Peter might be on to something: comfort and facility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That labels Metaphysical etc. don't mean a lot to me. Basically I like Wordsworth because he writes about nature and does a great job of capturing the emotion we so often feel in that setting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals