Skip to main content

War Gallery 5


World War 2 influenced the lives of us Baby Boomers in lots of ways and the blanket on this bed reminded me of one of them.  As kids we had old Army blankets like this on our beds at home.  They were heavy and not at all warm.  I was glad that I slept with my sister so we could cuddle together for warmth but we still fought over whose feet got to be on the hot water bottle.

That ends this series.  Haven't got anything new to post here so will be gone again for a while.

Comments

  1. Me too, I can even smell its old musty smell. A beautifully taken series of War Memorial shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny what brings back memories. We had old hospital blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sweet Wayfaring" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-sunday-drive_17.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals