"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
War Gallery 1
A while ago we went to the War Memorial to check out the new World War 1 gallery -- they have done a wonderful job of marrying the old dioramas and museum objects with new technology like big screen images and touch tablets making for a truly informative visit.
I agree with Winam. I will have to go down to the new galleries, too. I was just a few weeks too early last September. Shant go down for a few months yet, though. This week is already giving me the dry rots.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
I'm glad they managed to keep the dioramas as they are a piece of history in themselves.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Winam. I will have to go down to the new galleries, too. I was just a few weeks too early last September. Shant go down for a few months yet, though. This week is already giving me the dry rots.
ReplyDeleteIs it the weather or the over the top 100 year stuff getting you down ... I think it's both with me.
Delete... the over the topishness ... and the concept being hijacked by all and sundry ...
ReplyDelete