Skip to main content

Hinkler Museum


Finding ourselves unexpected in Bundaberg for a couple of days I quickly looked up what there were to do in the area.  The Bert Hinkler museum seemed like reasonable choice. Bert was a famous aviator back in the early days of flying.  The museum is excellent and includes Bert's home from England transported brick by brick and reassembled here.  

So it's not only Captain Cook's cottage that has been transported from England to Australia.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed that museum too. Quite amazing for a country town.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals