Skip to main content

Canary Street Clandulla 7 of 7


We've reached the railway line towards the end of the street. Though the station is abandoned the line is still used daily for a coal train from the Charbon mine.

That's it for our street. I hope you enjoyed the walk.  I didn't show you much of the houses but let me say that it's a mix of tin sheds, low cost demountables and kit homes, ancient patched up cottages, and  a couple of brick houses.  Every place seems to have an animal or two. We saw cats, dogs, goats, a calf, horses, hens and rabbits as well as wild birds -- wrens, finches, willy wagtails and parrots but no canaries.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals