"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Some abandon
I can't believe it. We been miles and miles and I haven't shown you a single abandoned house on the trip ... had better fix that up. Here you go. Somewhere after Binnaway and before Gulgong where we went to the bakery for lunch.
Abandoned like a naughty school-girl. There's something captivating about these old empty homes .... which were most probably family homes .... A hive of activity and a comfortable place where family nestled in together.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
and this is a beauty too. How charming it would have been in its day :D)
ReplyDeleteAbandoned like a naughty school-girl. There's something captivating about these old empty homes .... which were most probably family homes .... A hive of activity and a comfortable place where family nestled in together.
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame it's been let go. I bet it could tell a lot of stories.
ReplyDeleteLovely decay shot! I love how the manmade structure got the colours of the surrounding nature.
ReplyDelete