Skip to main content

Queensland houses





Before we leave Wondai I thought it would be nice to show you some of the old Queensland houses.  It is a classic Queensland country town.

Comments

  1. Hi Joan, those Queenslanders are such beautiful houses aren't they. Quite their own style :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style too. Funnily enough, the north island of NZ also has a timber house tradition too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style too. Funnily enough, the north island of NZ also has a timber house tradition too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our house in the mountains is the nearest thing I could get down south ... a timber home with verandahs but not on a stilts (but raised at the back due to the slope of the land). Blessedly is is however insulated against the cold and has fireplaces and central heating, something usually missing from Queensland homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little towns where the Queenslanders are still being lived in like in past years. The ones that have been renovated in the cities cost a fortune these days. They were built for coolness in the summer but they could be cold in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'down south' ... 'down south' ... !!!

    It does not take much to slip back into the habits of youth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I m very glad by this information.
    Thanks for making it shared.
    queenslander homes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals