"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Heading home
Even though was are still many hundreds of kilometres away there is a sense that we are now homeward bound, so we are moving more quickly, less meandering. This is the road into Tenterfield.
Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale. Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.
The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull! But there is something of interest in the image. These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today. On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.
I love roads like these... Great photo.
ReplyDeleteI know this spot well, many trips as a child to my Nan's at Toowoomba via lovely Tenterfield.
ReplyDeleteI know it well too. Got caught speeding on the stretch 20 years ago :-)
Delete*chukckle* ... still lovely feel to this ... 'moving forward' ... lots of road like this in Victoria ...
ReplyDeleteOn the road again tra la la la...... TOH always drives faster on the way home.
ReplyDelete