Skip to main content

Look and you will see


I have driven the Lithgow-Bathurst road dozens of times and I would sworn there was nothing at Meadow Flat other than a big bank of speed cameras before the locality sign.  But, being diligent in my town search I decided to turn off the road to see what was there and found a cluster of houses, a community hall, war memorial, rural fire service and a school ... just shows you don't know what's anywhere until you go look and see.

I have asked previously in this blog whether they still have Arbor Day when kids go plant trees.  Diane assured me they do.  I found this outside the school, I guess Arbor Day just has a new name.

Visit Meadow Flat over at 100 Towns.

Comments

  1. You could be right. I know they celebrate it on different days in different schools but I don't know why. Many schools have environmental projects on the go where kids learn about growing native plants and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Arbor' is a tricky old-fashioned word ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me when we take a turn off the main road.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2