Skip to main content

Bathurst


At the heart of this gold mining region is the city of Bathurst, a bustling business centre today that has much of its rich history reflected in elegant old buildings thst appear throughout the city.

It is a lovely city, see more of Bathurst over at 100 towns.

Comments

  1. It's my wedding anniversary today. On our honeymoon we stayed in Bathurst in a B&B just like this. We never planned to stay in Bathurst but a terrible experience at Jenolan Caves Guest House saw us flee. We were always glad we did it as Bathurst is a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Caves guest house is romantic but its fortunes rise and fade ... I've stayed there twice, once on our honeymoon and another on a wedding anniversary both were pleasant experiences but I know it has been very dodgy in between.

      Delete
  2. I have not been to either locality for yonks. But, as I noted earlier, I have Bathurst in my bucket ...

    This photograph could have been taken in just so many streets of Paddington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those railings are unbeatable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals