Skip to main content

I spy


I spy with my little eye a tall chimney among those tall trees.  I reckon there are some ruins over there, worth a side trip one of these days.

When I got home I googled and found that Sunny Corner had a a silver smelter.

Learn more of the history of Sunny Corner over at 100 Towns.

Comments

  1. They left a lot of tailings. That would not be allowed today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised that the mess is still so visible, surely this mining operation shut down years ago.

      Delete
  2. What an intriguing landscape of a chimney stack amoung native and man-made forests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO love a good chimney ... I don't think they're at all out of place in a natural landscape, in fact they fit in better than - say - houses, people and cars!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals