Skip to main content

Gulls


I like seagulls.

Musing:
From Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
"Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly."

Comments

  1. Whoa ... Tell me again who is not good at recording the seaside?

    This tells such a good story, hey? The gull is such a clean bird. Compare that with the pigeon ... ugh!

    Now ... how did you assemble that tryptych (sp?)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as easy as I would like it to be. I use the print layout option in PaintShop Pro -- lets me set the "windows" and move the images around in them so I get the desired result. All works well up to that point, but there does not seem to be an option to save the resulting file (you can only print it). So I do a screen capture and save that as a jpg.

    I think my seaside images have improved this year but I still throw away 99 out of every 100. I find the tryptychs are a way of making good use of otherwise quite boring images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, circuitous ...

    I will go looking for some-such-similar in my photo-editing software ... but mine is all free-ware so that sort of option is probably not included.

    I know the throwing away angst. I went out early this morning to foreshore Balmain. But this replacement camera I have borrowed takes everything very dark and I am only on Auto! Will RTFM this arvo if I get time ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired by your triptychs!
    I often find myself cropping down beach photos - the lines of the clouds, horizon, waves etc lend themselves to it. Doesn't it make them feel a bit more exciting?!
    I like how you technique almost 'tells a story' through photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals