"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Machines
All that heaving hissing metal, brings joy to the heart of the daughter of an engineer and the son of a train driver.
But none of it is actually heaving and hissing, the displays are mostly static, which you can no doubt tell from the pristine blackness and shiny brass bits.
Wonderful bottom pic Joan, with that lovely coppery/bronze patina. Cobwebs are such intricate works of art woven with much attention to detail ... I always feel a tinge of regret when I disturb one.
Martina beat me to it! I knew your father was an engineer, but fascinating to know that Ian's father was a train driver. You both need to go down to Goulburn ...
Refrigeration engineers often work closely with air conditioning engineers like MOM (My Old Man). Love the colours in the last shot. I have pics of train wheels but have never posted them. You give me inspiration.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
... and the cobwebs ... ;-)
ReplyDeleteWonderful bottom pic Joan, with that lovely coppery/bronze patina. Cobwebs are such intricate works of art woven with much attention to detail ... I always feel a tinge of regret when I disturb one.
ReplyDeleteThey are works of art when static, and theatre when in motion I would think.
ReplyDeleteThey are works of art when static, and theatre when in motion I would think.
ReplyDeleteMartina beat me to it! I knew your father was an engineer, but fascinating to know that Ian's father was a train driver. You both need to go down to Goulburn ...
ReplyDeleteTrain driver, tram driver then refrigeration engineer at a meat factory. What's at Goulburn?
DeleteA train museum and working turntable. I only know because Bruce Casperson waxed lyrical about it. I have not been myself.
DeleteRefrigeration engineers often work closely with air conditioning engineers like MOM (My Old Man). Love the colours in the last shot. I have pics of train wheels but have never posted them. You give me inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI see I'm not the only one who noticed the cobwebs ...
ReplyDelete