Friday, March 30, 2012

Drought breaking 3 of 3

Former Royal Hotel, Marulen

Ending another drought of sorts I have found a new Royal Hotel at last.  This one is at Marulen which is a small town bypassed by the Federal Highway to Canberra.

It looks a little sad, waiting for someone to buy it and restore it to life.  Looking through the windows the inside is worse.  Deep pockets will be needed.

I recently received the photos of the Royals at Cudal and Canowindra from Gordon at LookANDsee but I had already beaten him to them (just as Julie beat me to the one at Bungendore).  So I've decided that if you do double up I will acknowledge you with an also spotted by attribution.

Wondering what's happened to City Daily Photo and the next theme day?  Go to http://cdpbthemeday.blogspot.com.au/

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can put this in the 'Fergie' catergory- an ex-royal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very run down. HOpefully someone will take it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really deserves being taken care of, it's a great building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mark's comment. This really is a fine example of a Royal, Joan. But in the absence of signage, how did you know?

    Now, I have a quandary. I have photos of a 'fergie' in Sydney. However, it was named the Victoria Royal Hotel. Does that qualify? It is now a set of professional rooms, located at the back of the Australian Museum in East Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The historic marker on front of the building identifies it as a Royal. I stumbled across some reference to it on the web so took the detour specifically to pick up the photo.

      Yeh. I loved the Fergie comment. Yours is welcome. I am accepting entries for "Royalish" hotels, have posted some of my own.

      Delete
  5. Okay ... I shall send later this evening ... along with text so you understand it ...

    ReplyDelete