Skip to main content

The railways


We visited the Railway Museum in Rockhampton.  The railways had a big part to play during the war.

As we travelled around I began to realise that these ornate timber railway stations are characteristic of Queensland rail, very different from the brick ones we see down south.


Comments

  1. More lovely memories but I haven't seen this statin. I like the way many of them have been restored and turned into museums.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals