Skip to main content

This summer 7 of 10

Wattle Flat
And of course I had to get an abandoned building into the series too.  I've passed this one a few times when it has not been convenient to get a photograph so have been itching to get a shot of it.

Comments

  1. There appears to be a decent sluice of daub between those 'wattles' there. That would make this little structure quite aged. I wonder when W&D ceased being the construction-style of choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Zadock"! I wonder where that came into Mark's family from. I shall nip up and ask, I shall.

    Gemma's has a lovely balcony. I think many of the lovely wrought-iron I am seeing in Paddo at the moment, is new stuff. No longer wrought-iron but extruded aluminium. Hardly has the same ring ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem with me is that I love places like this, and photos of places like this. But I love them only if they're not my responsibility. In the US I have a shack and a fence that are in far better condition that what's shown here, and it bothers me to no end that they're not perfect.

    There's likely a lesson for me in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful .... Oh how I love the country!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2