"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Church yard
We're coming up to the church, it's a modern replacement for an old building so here is it's fence instead. Over the road there is a big flock of ducks settled in the white paddock.
Super shot. The white paddock, the sun filtering through and the old fence dragging your eye into the picture. A great rural scene. I hope you make a calendar of these shots.
Yeah, I love fences like this. You know each of those posts has a name. See that little busted one ... what is it called ... I used to know. My father spent manymany hours building fences on our farm. I have googled to try to find the names of various posts, but to no avail. I shall have to ask my brother when he returns from the UK in a coupla weeks.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Super shot. The white paddock, the sun filtering through and the old fence dragging your eye into the picture. A great rural scene. I hope you make a calendar of these shots.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I love fences like this. You know each of those posts has a name. See that little busted one ... what is it called ... I used to know. My father spent manymany hours building fences on our farm. I have googled to try to find the names of various posts, but to no avail. I shall have to ask my brother when he returns from the UK in a coupla weeks.
ReplyDeleteI don't know anything about fences other than that I like the look of them.
ReplyDeleteThe composition is perfect!
ReplyDeleteJoan, I'm not aware of any Royal Hotel here.