Skip to main content

Ilford


Today is Australia Day... wishing all Aussie readers a great day in our wonderful land.

We're at Ilford (population 250) which is a little bit past Running Stream.  I think the protest is about an extension to one of the coal mines risking the springs and creek, There is not much to Ilford  - a closed road house, a closed cafe up for sale, a cluster of houses and churches of both varieties ... the one below recently auctioned as residential.


Comments

  1. Happy Australia Day to you too, Joan. A lovely sandstone church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now wouldn't that be wonderful to live in ... and all that space for the veggie garden and a sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A church with a chimney - I don't think I've ever seen one of those!
    I do spy a fat little sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letty you're right ... I had not noticed the chimney. Yes there is a fat little sheep in the yard, in fact there was a small flock of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have had a happy Australia Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm ... is that a contradicton in terms ... a small flock ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just embiggened ... that is not a chimney ... that be a bell tower ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh.
    a bell tower.
    what a cute little bell must have been in there.
    and i love that little decoration on top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals