"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Cold?
Oops does it get cold out this way in winter? I was glad to find we were coming up to the crest of Cherry Tree Hill, elevation 1100 metres and soon after descended. Clandulla is at 700 metres (the same height as our home at Lawson) so expect winters are chilly but not freezing.
This could be a photo of coming up the range to Toowoomba or coming through Carroll's Cutting up to Ararat. I suppose all three spots are on the Great Dividing Range.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
This could be a photo of coming up the range to Toowoomba or coming through Carroll's Cutting up to Ararat.
ReplyDeleteI suppose all three spots are on the Great Dividing Range.
I would suspect you'd get a dusting or two of snow on that mountain in the winter.
ReplyDeleteArarat must be close to the flick of the tail of the GDR, though. Nice looking countryside, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI like how the sign says "No Sign" and "Snow Sign" :)
ReplyDeleteSnow or not, I would keep myself warm. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'D SAY IT WOULD BE CRISP IN WINTER BUT VERY SCENIC.
ReplyDelete