Skip to main content

Coal


The power stations are of course associated with coal mines.  We are driving through an area known as the Western Coalfield.  I've noticed signs for the Springvale, Invincible, Ivanhoe North, Airly and Baal Bone mines. That's Invincible that you can see behind the truck below.

Comments

  1. And this pales into insignificance when you travel through the Hunter! But, it can only be dug out once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours are full of water so these ones will get more business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, you are right. But I wonder if we dug it all out whether we would then have to think of something more creative.

    Diane, I hadn't thought about that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals