Skip to main content

The Murray


We got our first look at the great Murray River at Euston and camped beside it at Mildura ... but as we plan our return trip to be along the Murray I'll save showing you the river proper until then. We've got our trip to Mungo National Park and another river to see first. We start out that way tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I really like the light and shadow of the first picture. The milky quality of the water made me think it was fog at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the small pieces of floating vegetation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tulsa Gentleman, though at first I thought of an explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Mildura for the first time this year.
    After driving through scrubby mallee country, arriving in Mildura was positively tropical.
    It reminded me of the Gold Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the colours of the vegetation and the light on the water ... thought it made an interesting abstract. It seems you guys liked it too.

    Letty, I found Mildura to be a particulary attractive city. And as you say a huge contrast to the surrounding landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a nice dreamy feeling to the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours of the vegetation are gorgeous. That "green" goes so well with the colour of the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the think out there ... you are so much more aware of the soil as well as the vegetation as the soil shows through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals