Skip to main content

Paddocks


After the church it's back to the featureless flat paddocks.

Musing:
From Figures in a Paddock by John Kinsella
"The sky is brittle blue,
foliage thin but determined:
colour indefinable beyond green."
Read the whole poem at John's website.

Comments

  1. It's the perfect collaboration, the picture and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw very few ploughed paddocks. None that I can recall. It must be too early in the season. Maybe I should go out again prior to the spring planting season.

    Do you call that long grass in the foreground, wiregrass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Likewise, I am wondering when they plough and plant. I guess I will just have to keeping going over the hill until I find out :-)

    Dunno about the grass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals