Skip to main content

Add water

Add water to the list of things I like to photograph. I like light playing on ripples, how setting sun makes rivers flow golden, reflections in glassy streams, the bubble of rocky creeks, and the white veil of waterfalls. I also like the foam of the sea on black rocks but never get it right.

Photo: She-Oaks beside Lane Cove River

Musing:
I guess this is about the most famous poem about water.
From the Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
"Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink ;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

The very deep did rot : O Christ !
That ever this should be !
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.

About, about, in reel and rout
The death-fires danced at night ;
The water, like a witch's oils,
Burnt green, and blue and white."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2