Skip to main content

Prepared?


You see signs like this all around the place.  With all the rain we had this summer it was not a message that bothered anybody much.

Tomorrow we finish this trip at Browns Creek which is not at all brown at the moment.

Comments

  1. Ah, yes ... but come NEXT summer ... all hell will break loose ...

    There was a beat-up in the SMH this week about how MS-Word was past its use-by-date. This sign is Word personified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble with word is that everyone thinks they are a graphic designer. I get heaps of documents from people that I tidy up (I send the real design work to graphic designers) but what it interesting is that after a document is tidied up people know it looks better but haven't got a clue as to what was changed to make it so. It is as if they are totally blind to paragraph spacing, font sizes etc -- sort of visually tone deaf.

      Delete
    2. People don't read white space.

      Delete
  2. Yes there will be lots of undergrowth come the next dry season, which is just around the corner. You have done a great job with your towns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there will be a dry season if not this year, then the next or the one after. I would say that typically here in the mountains we get a big fire every 7 years or so.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals