Monday, August 2, 2010

Licorice factory



After afternoon tea we came back to the camp by way of the licorice factory. Did you know flour is a primary ingredient of licorice? I didn't. Anyway, an old flour mill in Junee which mills its own organic flour settled on making licorice as a value add. It is a delightful enterprise with a great trade in delicious licorice, free factory tours, cafe, function rooms and gift shop. All with a distinctly mediterranean feel.

We stocked up on licorice and chocolate to see us through the night which looked set to be chilly.

8 comments:

  1. Junee has a liquorice factory. Well I never!! I bought liquorice only yesterday. So down that direction is where I must make my next rail journey. Will check up on a coupla things on Bruce's blog too. About railway musea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I agree I think it would make a nice rail journey and a worthwhile destination. And yes there is lots of rail history (coming up in the blog). You'd need to catch a cab out there though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that either :) Lovely pictures by the way - that color palette gives them an enchanted feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks very mediterranean. Wonderful light.

    Liqourice is one of the things that divides people ... I never understood how someone can eat it without being forced to, ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Ann and Megan, if you like the colours here and think this is gorgeous overload wait for my next wayfaring trip ... sensory overload at every turn.

    Martina, I like licorice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cracked pot and the colours in general.

    ReplyDelete