"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Open cut
These days there is open cut mining as well. Shows just how far the old miners had to dig down before reaching the opal layer where the precious opal may or may not be found.
I am assuming this is done with a mechanical digger of some sort. There does not seem to be any requirement that they restore the land after exhausting their dig ...
Yes definitely done with mechanical diggers - by the big guys rather than the little time miners And I believe there is a requirement to restore the land after open cut mining.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
I am assuming this is done with a mechanical digger of some sort. There does not seem to be any requirement that they restore the land after exhausting their dig ...
ReplyDeleteYes definitely done with mechanical diggers - by the big guys rather than the little time miners And I believe there is a requirement to restore the land after open cut mining.
ReplyDelete