Skip to main content

It's Dry




Happy New Year.

We have gone nowhere this Summer other than to our bush block at Clandulla.  I have been feeling a little desperate that I would never get this blog rolling again.

However, this weekend while we were at Clandulla my husband said "How about we go for a drive to Mudgee".  I jumped at the opportunity because the day was almost done and I was hopeful of getting some late afternoon shots of my favourite lake on the way home.  

The countryside is brown and dry right now.  Though as we approached Mudgee there is respite with the green of vineyards.  I understand the harvest was a couple of weeks earlier this year because of the very warm spring and hot summer -- they were expecting a good crop.

The lake is still carrying a lot of water well up from its low during the big drought so I am going to give you a week of watery shots for want of anything else to show and hopefully get back into the swing of posting.

Comments

  1. Beautiful scenery! It's all wet here today... wet and grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JM, want to swap your wet and grey for scorching and bright? :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Joan!

    Love the light and shadows you've captured.

    Take care and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals