Skip to main content

Charters Towers


After a brief sojourn by the sea we headed back inland to the mining city of Charters Towers a major regional centre.  As you can see we are back in the dry country.

I had wanted to reach here via the inland rather than going back to the sea but there was little to no mobile coverage on the 500km stretch of road and nowhere with reliable supply for us to stay for the night to allow me to do my work.

It's the weekend again. I will take you for a walk tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Not really ... It is less than 150Kms from Townsville.

      Delete
    2. The 500kms was from Atherton down to Charters Towers. But we did those via the coast road.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to the walk.
    Not sure we will make it up that way so enjoying your view of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I enjoy your water views because I don't like being out on boats much so see something I don't normally see.

      Delete
  3. It's a bugger when you have to have a mobile connection to work, but great that you can combine travel with work all the same. Happy travels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I'm not complaining. It sure beats the 2.5 hour each way commute to the city that I used to do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals