Skip to main content

State Mine Heritage Park, Lithgow

State Mine Heritage Park, Lithgow

Our next port of call is the Lithgow State Mine underground colliery, now derelict, which operated until the mid 1960s. Attractive industrial buildings of yesteryear are now operated as a museum to showcase the history of the Western Coalfields.

This was another photographic treat so you are going to get quite a few more days on this one.

Comments

  1. I already like the look of that building in the background. I have no idea all these things are out there. Blogs are such wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward this this one, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just spent some time going through the last few posts... not that it was ever bad but something changed with your photographs... seem a little more "introspective" of late. Really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos getting better every day ... (you know what I mean and have said before :-)).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, great composition! Love the contrast to the blurred background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely captures the texture of the coal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals