Skip to main content

You know you are ... (5)



You know you are in the country when the post box is big and the front gate is discouragingly difficult to open ... locals visit through the driveway or back gate. The unusually grand design of this front gate belies the state of the house and yard. There is always at least one residence ruining a town's tidy image.



Comments

  1. But this just reeks of potential ... all one would need is a bull-dozer to clear up the yard. And probably to tear down that front verandah.

    But didn't the early settlers always know the best spots to chose for a residence. Just in the lay of the hill, probably facing the morning sun and sheltered from the harsh westerlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. yes, but clean up that yard & give that house some TLC & it would be stunning. I am sure that house could tell some stories if we took the time to listen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scream! No, wait, that's my house! Well, maybe when we first bought it. It's much better now. Really, it's too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I allways enjoy seeing the signs of time, but on the other hand things look great when recovered or well maintained.
    I like the panoramic shot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2