"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
A short outing
Last Sunday after church we were thinking "It's such a nice sunny day let's go on an outing". Minutes later we found ourselves in the car driving down to the Big Smoke to go visit the Art Gallery.
Here we are near our destination, overlooking those every so posh apartments at the old Finger Wharf.
Very posh indeed Joan ... imagine waking up to the lapping of water outside your window. How fortunate you have the country and the city within a short drive.
Sydney is a seductive place. We have lived in apartments in the inner city and each time we go down there I feel a little tug of nostalgia for the buzz of the city ... but affording that lifestyle (having two places to live because I could not live in the city alone) requires a high-powered job and with such jobs goes long hours, lots of interstate and international travel and next to no time to enjoy the lifestyle. I remind myself I am happier with just visiting.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Very posh indeed Joan ... imagine waking up to the lapping of water outside your window. How fortunate you have the country and the city within a short drive.
ReplyDeleteYes the Blue Mountains is a perfect balance between the two. Even has regular trains to the city which is usually what we do rather than driving.
DeletePosh but crowded. Give me your Blue Mountains any day...
ReplyDeleteSydney is a seductive place. We have lived in apartments in the inner city and each time we go down there I feel a little tug of nostalgia for the buzz of the city ... but affording that lifestyle (having two places to live because I could not live in the city alone) requires a high-powered job and with such jobs goes long hours, lots of interstate and international travel and next to no time to enjoy the lifestyle. I remind myself I am happier with just visiting.
DeleteDaughter No 1's office is on one of those wharves.
ReplyDelete