Friday, February 13, 2009

Carcoar


We drove on to the town of Carcoar, the third oldest settlement west of the Blue Mountains. You've gotta love a shopping centre with vines growing up the posts.

Musing:
From Country Towns by Kenneth Slessor
"Verandas baked with musky sleep,
Mulberry faces dozing deep,
And dogs that lick the sunlight up
Like paste of gold – or, roused in vain
By far, mysterious buggy-wheels,
Lower their ears, and drowse again….

Country towns with your schooner bees,
And locusts burnt in the pepper-trees,
Drown me with syrups, arch your boughs,
Find me a bench, and let me snore,
Till, charged with ale and unconcern,
I'll think it's noon at half-past four!"

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! It looks like a painting. Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think so. Was going to cut the wisteria back from climbing the trees in my garden today but was too tired from weeding and wet enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not thought of this as over-exposed - just strong morning light. I can see what you mean by working for you.

    Taa

    ReplyDelete