Skip to main content

Brutal


I am an old fashioned type of person.  Nothing will persuade me that these buildings are lovely. So different from the inspiring sandstone campus I attended. And so like the equally ugly award winning Cameron Offices where I worked in Canberra, built in the same era.

That's the library below, which is a little bit smarter, but I reckon the building beside it looks like a car park.


@ Macquarie University, Sydney

Comments

  1. I went to UTS for 4 years (concrete jungle central) and know all about concrete. I can accept it if there's something more organic to balance it out (like wooden floors for example).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I quite like the geometric shapes in that building but it's very dirty.
    It needs a good clean and I reckon a coat of paint in a nifty colour and some beautiful gardens to surround it would make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I quite like the geometric shapes in that building but it's very dirty.
    It needs a good clean and I reckon a coat of paint in a nifty colour and some beautiful gardens to surround it would make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2