Skip to main content

Tractor

Yep, I’m a total sucker for old junk.

Photo: At Mill Museum, Rockley

Musing:
From Tractor by Ted Hughes
"The tractor stands frozen - an agony
To think of. All night
Snow packed its open entrails. Now a head-pincering gale,
A spill of molten ice, smoking snow,
Pours into its steel.
At white heat of numbness it stands
In the aimed hosing of ground-level fieriness.

It defied flesh and won't start.
Hands are like wounds already
Inside armour gloves, and feet are unbelievable
As if the toe-nails were all just torn off.
I stare at it in hatred.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2