Thursday, August 11, 2016

Canberra to Junee

Somewhere been Canberra and Yass

Around Canberra I usually think of the blue hills in the distance but today it's all about green hills -- the countryside is an amazing green from all of the rain.  

Let me mention that the photography on this trip is a lot different from the old Sweet Wayfaring days.  Now we have the big caravan it is simply impossible to pull over a my every whim so most shots are grabbed from a moving car and often through the tinted glass window. Add to that the frustration of the extension mirrors required for the caravan and it's mighty hard to get a good shot out of the window so I pretty much gave up in the end.

Also I am working as we go having to fit in 30-40 hours a week of work, as well as travel and a little sight seeing at each destination - this leaves little time or energy for much photography.  

However, I'm resisting looking at email as we drive along so we can enjoy the journey.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely green countryside Joan. Wishing you and yours a safe trip with some balancing "you" time between all that work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work was a juggling act all of the way. But next year I might retire and travel a different way.

      Delete
  2. Green but grey and cold too. Sorry to hear that your photographic style has been crushed by a caravan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the greyness is the window tint. I am not sure that the style has been so much crushed by the caravan as the working hours … I was getting a bit tired.

      Delete
  3. I will really enjoy seeing your journey... specially since you ventured down out our way....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a joy visiting your part of the land.

      Delete